|LOCATION||Portland / Tigard, OR|
|EDUCATION REQUIRED||Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or applicable experience preferred|
|JOB TYPE||Full time, Exempt Monday - Friday|
The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for the procurement of commodities through the development and implementation of commodity strategies. Other areas of responsibility include managing Supplier/Trade Partner relationships, price negotiation, planning, production, inventory control and product quality.
- Assist Purchasing Manager with all production proficiencies
- Manage purchasing activities for certain scopes of the building envelope
- Maintain relationships with Trade Partners
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with Trade Partners
- Create and update contracts for Trade Partners
- Explain Pahlisch Homes policies to Trade Partners
- Negotiate Contracts and pricing
- Double check all closed jobs for errors
- Collect and present data for price comparisons
- Maintain and update purchasing files on Citrix
- Assist in creating budgets for upcoming starts
- Assist Design with pricing requests
- Assist with bidding new house plans
- Assist with invoice approval process
- 4+ years purchasing experience required
- 2+ years construction industry experience preferred
- Must possess technical construction knowledge to understand the home building process and terminology
- Strong ability to comprehend the building and construction process and phases
- High level understanding of construction plans and layouts
- Microsoft Office Skills required
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Able to work in a fast paced work environment
This job operates in a professional office environment and may be required to meet with vendors and trades on site. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Must be able to drive a vehicle to meetings.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is re-quired to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time. The person in this positon needs to occasionally move about the office to access file cabinets, copiers, scanners, etc. The person in this position constantly operates a computer. This position must be able to frequently communicate with vendors and colleagues via email and phone.
Moderate travel is expected for this position.