|EDUCATION REQUIRED||Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred|
|JOB TYPE||Full time, Exempt Monday - Friday
with occasional weekend and evening work required.
The Regional Purchasing Manager is responsible for the overseeing the procurement of commodities through the development and implementation of commodity strategies, plans and the management of supplier/trade partner relationships. Other areas of responsibility include price negotiation, planning, production, inventory control and product quality.
- Support Global Purchasing in all aspects of the region’s purchasing strategies
- Regularly meet with regional manufacturers and trade partners to discuss bids and pricing on production and custom homes
- Create and execute contracts for current and new trade partners; update as necessary
- Oversee and take ownership of vendor/trade partner relationships
- Manage and track lumber, millwork and other product returns for each project
- Understand company regional standards and SPEC processes and protocols
- Assist in preparation of budgets and appraisals
- Manage scopes of work for trade partners and update as needed
- Create and manage excel spreadsheets, file estimates, trade contracts
- Participate in weekly regional and global Purchasing meetings
- Track change orders and update budgets as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- 4+ years purchasing experience required
- 2+ years construction industry experience preferred
- 2+ year of supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
- Strong ability to comprehend the building and construction process and phases
- High level understanding of construction plans and layouts
- MS Office Skills required
- Must be very organized, show initiative, work well with other team members, be able to multi task and work independently, adaptable to a fast paced environment with repetitive tasks, a strong understanding of purchasing and performance
This job operates in varying environments including desk work and field (outdoor) work. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Both indoor and outdoor work will be required of this role.
This role requires sitting, walking, and climbing and lifting. This would require the ability to lift items such as tools, lumber, hardware, and other items used in the home building process. This position requires the ability frequently lift office prod-ucts and supplies, and items on a work site, up to 20 pounds.
Frequent travel is expected for this position.